Photo by Concierge Photo, 2015
Hello, I’m Henna. I’m a teacher, student, traveler, and mother. Over the last fifteen years, belly dance has been my passion, my best friend, and my path. It is the medium that I use to interpret my world and to celebrate all of the joys and sorrows of life. I have been fortunate to find teachers who have inspired and encouraged me along the way. With enormous gratitude, I strive to do the same for my students and continue to seek the mentorship of master dancers and teachers around the world.
As a performer, I see my dance as an exchange between audience, dancer, and musicians. Together we create an experience that is shared as well as personal. Countless couples have invited me to dance in celebration of their union; families have asked me to celebrate a new year with them; and businesses have hired me to entertain important guests. No matter the occasion, your guests will be enchanted by the magic of belly dance. It as my absolute honor and pleasure to celebrate some life’s most important moments with you.
It has been an artistic blessing to work with the Middle Eastern band RiTiM EGZOTiK over the last 4 years. I have also had the good fortune of finding two phenomenal dancers to share the stage with, Emilie Lauren, and Fanina. Together we explore more possibilities in belly dance as the professional trio, Raqs Ayana. For more information on my classes, please visit the CLASSES page. For booking information, visit the PERFORMANCE page, or email me directly through my Contact Page.
- 15 years of consistent, passionate study of belly dance and in its many incarnations.
- 8 years of focus on Egyptian music, dance, culture, and history.
- Intensive Egyptian dance study with Joana Saahirah 2015 – present
- Certified in Rachel Brice’s 8 Elements Dance training, Parts 1 & 2
- Certified in Sahra Kent’s Journey Through Egypt, Parts 1 & 2 and workshop facilitator for the program in Portland, OR
- Co-founder of the Tokyo International Belly Dance Competition
- Teaching belly dance since 2006
- La Danse Orientale Competition 2010, Fusion Troupe 1st place with Nagamani Dance Co.
- International Ambassador of Belly Dance competition, 2nd place soloist
- La Danse Orientale Competition 2011, 1st place soloist
- Belly Dancer of the Year 2015, 4th place soloist
- Belly Dancer of the Year 2015, 2nd place troupe with Raqs Ayana